1. Three people check into a hotel. They pay $30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager finds out that the room rate is $25 and gives $5 to the bellboy to return. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that $5 would be difficult to share among three people so he pockets $2 and gives $1 to each person. Now each person paid $10 and got back $1. So they paid $9 each, totaling $27. The bellboy has $2, totaling $29. Where is the remaining dollar?
2. If it takes one man 30 minutes to assemble two computers and another man takes 25 minutes to assemble one How long does it take them both to assemble four computers?
3. You have 2 lengths of fuse and 2 matches. One fuse will burn from start to end in 10 minutes, and the other in 15 minutes. However, their burn rate is not steady along their lengths. Measure 20 minutes of time.
4. Ten bags each contain nine pieces of gold. The gold pieces are all supposed to weigh 1 ounce, but the pieces in one bag weigh only .9 ounces. Use an accurate scale just once to find which bag contains the lighter pieces.
5. There are 3 incandescent light bulbs in one room and 3 switches for these bulbs in another room. No light from the bulbs can be seen outside of their room. You are allowed to enter the room with the bulbs only once. How can you figure out which switches are connected to which bulbs?
Back to Puzzles